Thursday, December 18, 2008

Paper Carnations




I miss our joyful flowers in their sleeping beds, tucked away for the cold and dark of winter, so I decided to make my own out of paper, a bit of pipe cleaner and a marker. I think they came out pretty nice. I put only a few in a tall glass vase rather than stuffing too many together.













Some roses from a Martha Stewart kit were also put together. They are just lovely but were a bit time consuming. I snapped the photo weeks ago when we finally had a brief show of sunshine. A few hours of sunlight in about... a month. Yes, a month. And that's typical for this area at this time of year. *sigh




Still a few months yet til real flowers will appear in my garden. And then slowly the bumble bees, butterflies and the barn swallows, oh the barn swallows, will return at long last.

No comments: